Brazil is an ideal holidaying destination for those who love fun and frolic. Beaches, late night parties and Christ Redeemer are some of the top attractions that pull thousands of travelers to Brazil every year. Being the largest country in South Africa and fifth largest in the world, Brazil has so much to offer to the travelers coming here. Be it the Brazil Carnival or the football fever, Brazilians know how to enjoy life to the fullest.
And it is the same spirit that captivates the travelers and holidaymakers coming to Brazil. You need ample of time to enjoy what all this amazing country has to offer. So, let’s begin our tour of Brazil.
Best Time to Visit
There are 4 different climatic regions in Brazil:
- The South and Southeast – it is the coldest region
- The Coastal climate – amazingly moderate
- Northeast – quite hot
- Amazonian – steamy jungle where constant rainfall can be witnessed.
So, it can be said that one can travel to Brazil all year long depending on the cities you are planning to travel.
How to Reach
By Air: Brazil is very well connected via air route to major cities of the world. There are 2 international airports in Brazil at Rio di Janeiro and Sao Paulo and most of the South American capital cities are directly connected to these airports.
By Road: If you hold an international license then you can drive to Brazil from most of the South American countries. For inland commuting also you can hire a car if you have an international license.
Famous Brazilian Beaches
When it comes to choosing which beach to enjoy your time in Brazil, it is for sure that it’s going to be a really difficult task. With almost 8000 kms of coastline and innumerable beaches to choose from, Brazil is definitely a paradise for beach lovers. Out of so many beaches listed below are some of the most popular ones.
- Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro – One of the most beautiful beaches of Brazil, Ipanema is a must visit if you are traveling to Brazil for beach holidays. To reach here you have to visit the far southern end. Once you reach the Ipanema all you want to do is soak up the sun while sipping your favorite drink.
- Copacabana – This beach doesn’t need an introduction. Copacabana is the most popular beach in Brazil and is visited by thousands of beach lovers every year. This is one beach that everyone wants to see and be seen. Just soak up the sun, play beach volleyball or check out the local beach kiosks, it’s up to you. At Copacabana all you have to do is enjoy yourself.
- Prainha Beach – If you are looking for a more peaceful and not so crowded beach, then you must come here. This beach is flanked by rainforest covered mountains and is ideal for family beach picnics.
- Praia Vermelha – It is one of the smallest beaches of Brazil and also one of the most visited one too. Praia Vermelha lies in a cove and is an ideal destination to get some tan. As an added attraction, beach goers can take a cable car to the top of Sugarloaf Mountain to enjoy a mesmerizing view of the beach.
Other Popular Beaches of Brazil
- Alter do Chao, Pará
- Fernando de Noronha
- Caraiva, Bahia
- Lopes Mendes, Rio
- Praia de Fazenda, Sao Paulo
- Cacimba do Padre
Not to Miss Natural Wonders
The natural wonders of Brazil not only attract domestic visitors but also international travelers. These wonders are for those travelers who are more into nature and wish to spend their time exploring the true beauty of this country. Listed below are some of them.
- Smoke Falls – The best natural wonder of Brazil is the 340 m tall gushing Cachoeira da Fumaça waterfall. Also called the Smoke Falls, you have to hike for 6 kms to see it from the top. But must say this hike is worth trying. Come here during the rainy season to see this fall in its full splendor.
- Iguaçu Falls – This fall is located on the border of Argentina and Brazil and is one of the largest waterfalls in the world. The Iguaçu waterfall is 2.7 kms wide and 60 m high. The best view of the falls can be enjoyed from the Devil’s Throat.
- Poco Encantado – The English translation of Poco Encantado is ‘Enchanted Well’. It is a sunken pool and is located inside a cave. There is no match to the crystal clear water of this pool. If you wish to see the most magnificent view of this pool, then you must come here between April to September.
- The Amazon – Amazon is the only river that can be seen from the space. The Amazon basin is also known as the life spring of the planet. For adventure lovers, it is an ideal place to indulge in activities like tree climbing, caiman spotting, piranha fishing and exploring the Amazon wildlife. You can plan a trip to Amazon during the rainy season as well as during the dry season. To simplify it, there is no such best time to visit the basin.
Other Must Visit Natural Wonders of Brazil
- Pantanal Wetlands
- Encontro das Aguas
- Lençois Maranhenses
- Fernando de Noronha
- Poco Azul
- Costa do Descobrimento
- Chapada dos Veadeiros and Emas National Parks
- Sugarloaf Mountain
Popular Tourist Attractions
Brazil is huge, almost like a continent. This amazing country has so much to offer to the travelers that they would need plenty of time to explore it. There is so much to see here. Listed below are some of the must visit famous tourist attractions of Brazil.
- Christ the Redeemer – The most famous tourist attraction of Brazil, Christ the Redeemer attracts thousands of travelers every year. This 98 feet high statue of Jesus Christ is located in Rio de Janeiro and is the second largest art deco sculpture in the world.
- Rio Carnival – Rio Carnival is one of the biggest carnivals in the world. This carnival attracts almost 2 million people (most of them are foreigners) every day on the streets of Rio de Janeiro. The main attraction of this 4 day carnival is Rio Samba Parade at the Sambadrome.
- Salvador Beaches – The capital state of Bahia, Salvador is a beautiful colonial town and is quite popular for its mesmerizing beaches. Salvador beaches are an ideal place for swimming, sailing, deep sea diving, surfing to just to soak up the sun.
Other Famous Tourist Attractions
- Historic Center of Olinda
- Teatro Amazonas
- Ouro Preto